Wednesday, March 11, 2009

FUEL and day off-ish

Friday-Tuesday:

We had today off to prepare for FUEL camp. FUEL is a young adult camp for 18-35 (+) year olds. In the morning I did some laundry, went on a walk, and attempted to rest a bit until Simon and Jeremy Schulz came over to Helen's house for Tea (dinner). After tea the five of us finished packing and loaded up the vehicle for our trip down to Mylor where the camp was being held.



The camp was a good experience to meet new people who live throughout south Australia. There were daily worship services and a guest speaker who does a radio show, he was quite entertaining. There was a 70s night where most people got dressed up in 70s gear and had a nice dinner, then we went to the town hall to watch a Christian comedian. He was pretty good, but for some reason I don't usually laugh when I'm watching comedians. After the show a lot of people stuck around for a 70s dance... I learned the disco! :)



Another fun thing we did was the amazing race. The camp staff put it together and it involved water, air, driving, walking all over the place, and much more. It started off in Mylor and then went to Mt Barker for the rest of it. It was quite a lot of fun! Later that night we attended a contemporary church service in Handorf (the oldest German town in Australia).



The best speech was given by the comedian on the last day we were there. He talked about "being the person God created you to be." The funny thing is that I had a dream last year where I woke up with that saying in my head... word for word. So even though I'm not exactly sure what this means, I know I was there and am here for a reason, even if I don't see it right now.

Jeremy and Simon took us back to Helen's house where we are house-sitting for her Monday afternoon then Hilary and I decided to walk to the grocery store while Ellie used the computer. When we returned the three of us packed everything up and were able to move into our new place down the street. The new place is very big and looks a bit funny to have us in there because we have very little things for the amount of space we have. Helen, Helene, and the man who is in charge of the house are great for offering various things that we can use in our space.



Tuesday:
I tried to take a day off today, but I think my body is used to going, going, going, so I wasn't able to rest much. I slept in a little bit then got up and watched a little tv, they get Ellen here. Out of all the shows, why Ellen?! haha

I then headed into the city where I moseyed around and then ended up at the Magill office where I tried to get back on track with emails, blogs, etc. After a bit the office was closing and I decided to walk home. It was very nice, but I should have found a more productive route. I ended up walking the bus rout into the city, then from the city to our house. I'm sure there is some shorter way to get home via walking.

When I arrived we headed over to Helen's house to try to get the Internet working, mine worked for a bit at Helen's house. Unfortunately it is no longer working, so I'll have to see if there is some way to get it back up and running.

1 comment: